Investor Protection Professional Certification (IPPC) and Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia Certificate (PKMC): Introduction to AICB's Online Workshops and Examinations
AICB is moving towards digitalising its IPPC and PKMC workshops and examinations in 2020 and following this, the current face-to-face (F2F) mandatory workshops for IPPC and PKMC will be converted into online workshops, and paper-based examinations will be replaced with online examinations.
A candidate’s learning journey is summarised as follows:
Features of an Online Workshop
An online workshop replicates F2F learning workshops in a live environment and has the following characteristics:
- Combines formal and informal learning elements
- Is highly interactive, with engaging activities and group discussions, and
- Consists of practical exercises and quizzes.
Online workshops provide candidates with the convenience of attending a session regardless of their location, thus removing any concerns on travel restrictions.
Pre-reading Before an Online Workshop
Pre-reading materials are available in the AICB Member Portal to encourage candidates’ active participation and provide a value-added session during the online workshop.
How Online Workshops are Conducted
- Online workshops will be conducted via Zoom and attendance is compulsory.
- Candidates are given access to the online workshops via the AICB Member Portal.
- Candidates are strongly advised to log in to the respective sessions at least 10 minutes before the official commencement time.
- Candidates who log in late may be denied entry into the online workshop.
- The microphones of all candidates will be muted upon entry to minimise disruptions. An AICB coordinator / facilitator will unmute candidates’ microphones during the Q&A session with the trainers.
- During the online workshops, candidates may pose questions or enquiries in the chat box.
- Online workshops are recorded and will be available in the AICB Member Portal after the session.
- Further details will be shared during the online workshop.
System Requirements for Zoom
|Speakers / microphone / webcam|
For more information on online workshop-related matters, please click here for the FAQs that we have developed to assist candidates.
Online Examination via Remote Proctoring and Examination Bookings
AICB has partnered with the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) to deliver examinations via Pearson VUE, which has a network of examination centres in Malaysia and is able to conduct examinations via remote proctoring. We are pleased to share that in partnership with CBI, this examination delivery mode is now available to IPPC and PKMC candidates in Malaysia, allowing candidates to take examinations with minimum disruption.
Remote proctoring allows candidates to take the examination from home or the office, at a time convenient to them, while being monitored by an offsite proctor. To ensure examination security, candidates will be invigilated via a webcam. To take advantage of the remote proctoring service for examinations, candidates will need a quiet space at home or the office, and a secure internet connection.
Before the examination begins, the invigilator will carry out an authentication / validation process. A list of steps will be provided to the candidates to verify their identities and confirm that the examination environment is secured.
One month before the examination sitting, candidates will receive an email from CBI, which details how to access Pearson VUE to make an examination booking. Once candidates receive the email from CBI, candidates may proceed to schedule their examinations. Kindly note that online examinations will be carried out over a period of one month (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to availability), and candidates may book a date and time within the examination period that is convenient to them.
The online examination process is summarised as follows:
For more information on online examination-related matters, please click here for the FAQs that we have developed to assist the candidates
|Internet browsers||Internet Explorer IE11, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome (latest version).|
|Mobile devices||iOS and Android devices are not supported.|
|Network connection||Pearson VUE strongly recommends using a wired network rather than a wireless network, since a wired network provides better examination delivery performance.|
|Internet connection||Broadband (DSL, cable, or LAN / WLAN): Minimum 1 Mbps upload / download speeds.
Dial-up Internet connections are not supported.
|Browser settings||Internet cookies must be enabled.|
Please also refer to this link for information on the system requirements, rules and policies for online examinations via remote proctoring.
- IPPC candidates who have previously registered for the March / April or June 2020 workshops will be placed in the July 2020 online workshop session. Kindly select your preferred Group and submit the online form here.
PKMC candidates who have previously registered for the March / April 2020 workshop will be placed in the July 2020 online workshop session.
- Once a candidate has selected the preferred workshop Group, AICB will process the request and confirm accordingly. In instances where the capacity for a Group selected is already full, candidates may be placed in another Group and will be informed accordingly.
- Upon receiving AICB’s confirmation, candidates are required to attend the online workshops on the dates and times scheduled. Attendance is compulsory and requests for changes to dates selected will not be entertained.
- Candidates who have attended the workshops will then take the online examinations.
- IPPC candidates who have previously registered for the June 2020 examination will be placed in the September 2020 examination sitting.PKMC candidates who have previously registered for the April and July / August 2020 examination will be placed in the September 2020 examination sitting.
- The examination date displayed in the Member Portal is for registration purposes only. The online examination will be carried out over a period of one month (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to availability) in Pearson VUE. Candidates can book an examination session in Pearson VUE on a date and time that is within the examination period stated in the schedule
Workshop and examination fees for IPPC and PKMC remain unchanged. Kindly refer to the AICB website for more details.