Frequently Asked Questions
On AICB's Online Workshops
- 1. What is an online workshop?
An online workshop is a training session that allows candidates to attend an online class that is conducted live and led by an instructor. Apart from attending the lectures, candidates are also able to participate in group discussions and interactive sessions.
- 2. How do online workshops benefit me?
Online workshops provide candidates with the convenience of attending a session regardless of their location, thus removing any concerns on travel restrictions.
- 3. Do I need to have a Zoom account to participate in an online workshop?
No, you do not need a Zoom account to participate in an online workshop. You will be prompted to download the software once you click on the link provided.
- 4. What are the system requirements to participate in an online workshop?
The computer system you use must meet these minimum requirements:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Mozilla Firefox 27+, Google Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Mozilla Firefox 27+, Google Chrome 30+
- Linux: Mozilla Firefox 27+, Google Chrome 30+
- PCs / laptops: Windows or Apple PCs / laptops with speakers, a microphone, and webcams — please click here to visit the Zoom Help Center for more information on system requirements for Windows and Apple PCs / laptops.
- Tablets and mobiles: iOS or Android — please click here to visit the Zoom Help Center for more information on the system requirements for mobile devices.
- Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G / LTE)
- Minimum bandwidth of 800 kbps / 1.0 Mbps (upload / download speeds) for high quality video.
Speakers / microphone / webcam
- Speakers and a microphone — built-in / USB plug-in / wireless Bluetooth.
A webcam or HD webcam — built-in / USB plug-in.
Note: See the list of supported devices here .
- 5. Is the online workshop similar to a face-to-face classroom training / workshop?
Yes. Both delivery modes carry the same learning objectives / outcomes and require the use of the same training materials.
- 6. Where can I view the schedules for the online workshops?
- 7. What is the attendance policy for online workshops?
As with face-to-face workshops, attendance is compulsory for certain qualifications. Please refer to the AICB website for more information on the attendance policy for online workshops.
- 8. How can I obtain the training materials?
All training materials can be downloaded from the AICB Member Portal. Training materials will be made available prior to the commencement of the session, once you receive an email from AICB with the log in details for the online workshop session registered for.
- 9. Are candidates required to do any homework?
Yes, candidates are required to do pre-reading before attending the online workshops. There are also learning materials and mock questions on the AICB Member Portal for reading and practice.
- 10. Are the online workshops recorded, and will they be made available after the sessions conclude?
Yes, all online workshops are recorded and will be made available on the AICB Member Portal after the sessions conclude.