Frequently Asked Questions
On Online Examinations via Remote Proctoring
- 1. What are the system requirements to take the examination?
The computer system you use must meet these minimum requirements:
Internet browsers Internet Explorer IE11, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome (latest version) Mobile devices iOS and Android devices are not supported. Network connection Pearson VUE strongly recommends using a wired network rather than a wireless network, since a wired network provides better examination delivery performance. Internet connection Broadband (DSL, cable, or LAN/WLAN): Minimum 1 Mbps upload/download speeds
Dial-up Internet connections are not supported.
Browser settings Internet cookies must be enabled.
- 2. What can I do if I encounter issues during the examination booking process?
- 3. What is the maximum capacity for each examination session?
There is no maximum limit. Each slot is available on-demand and it is on a first-come-first-served basis. You are advised to book your examination as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- 4. Can more than one candidate select the same examination session?
Yes, this is possible if there is an available time slot when the booking is being made. The sessions are available on-demand and it is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 5. What is the maximum number of candidates that may take an examination in a month?
There is no limit. If there are time slots available, you may proceed to make a booking. We encourage candidates to make their bookings as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- 6. Can I make an examination booking outside of the time frame given by AICB and CBI for examination bookings?
No. All bookings for examination sessions must be made within the date range given by AICB and CBI as this will affect the processing time of your official results.
- 7. What are my alternatives if I do not want to take the examination via remote proctoring?
You may opt to take the examination at any of the Pearson VUE test centres that are available at the time you are making an examination booking.
- 8. Am I required to download an application onto my office laptop to take the examination? My office laptop has been configured to disallow application downloads, which could mean that I may not be able to sit for the examination via remote proctoring. What can I do in this situation?
Yes, you are required to download the OnVUE application to take the examination. If you are unable to take the examination using the laptop provided by your employer, then during the examination booking session, you may opt to take the examination at a test centre. At the test centre, the facilitator will prepare a computer for you to take the examination.
- 9. What are the health and safety measures taken at your test centres in light of the COVID-19 situation?
Pearson VUE has implemented a strict cleaning regimen at all Pearson VUE-approved test centers. This includes providing hand sanitisers to candidates upon entry to the test centres and sanitising the surfaces and equipment of each workstation after every appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitised after every use.Pearson VUE is also implementing social distancing guidelines, which recommend two metres or 6 feet of space between each individual. Test centres may need to limit the number of workstations per centre to ensure that a safe distance can be maintained between candidates.
- 10. Will I receive an email confirmation once I have completed my examination booking?
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation from Pearson VUE as soon as you have completed your examination booking. You will also receive a reminder email two days before your examination date.
- 11. Can I reschedule my examination?
Yes, you may reschedule your examination. However, reschedules must be done within the time frame given by AICB and CBI. In the event you have to schedule your examination outside of the time frame given, kindly inform AICB immediately as this will affect the processing time of your official results.
- 12. How do I reschedule my examination?
You may access your online Pearson VUE account through CBI to reschedule your examination(s) at least 48 hours prior to your examination(s). Examinations cannot be rescheduled less than 48 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to reschedule within the given time frame or failure to attend your examination will result in the forfeiture of your examination fee.
Original examination date: 10 July 2020 (Friday @ 9 am)
New examination date: 8 July 2020 (Wednesday @ 9 am)
Rescheduling must be done by: 6 July 2020 (Monday, before 9 am)
Original examination date: 10 July 2020 (Friday @ 9 am)
New examination date: 12 July 2020 (Sunday @ 9 am)
Rescheduling must be done by: 8 July 2020 (Wednesday, before 9 am)
- 13. What items can I have with me during the examination?
Please ensure that you have read the Pearson VUE policies and procedures, and also the Additional Policies at https://home.pearsonvue.com/cbi/onvue. The information provides full details on the items that are allowed / disallowed.
- 14. Can I take a break during my remotely proctored examination?
Breaks are not allowed during remotely proctored examinations and you are not allowed to leave the room during the entire duration of the examination. As such, we suggest that you fully prepare yourself before taking the examination.
- 15. How many minutes prior to the examination session should I log in?
We recommend logging in to your account 30 minutes before the start of the examination to complete the check-in process and allow for any troubleshooting that may be required. If you are more than 15 minutes late from your scheduled examination time, your examination session will be terminated. You will then be required to book another examination session, but examination fees will be imposed.
- 16. Can we do a trial run to set up the system before the examination to ensure that there are no technical issues on the day of the examination?
Yes, upon registration, you may download the application and test it on your laptop/computer.
- 17. If I have any questions on the Pearson VUE examination system ahead of my examination sitting, who should I contact?
- 18. Will there be someone to assist me should there be system issues?
Yes, On the examination day, the invigilator will always be connected to you via video, audio, remote screen sharing and instant messaging.
- 19. What do I do if I face technical issues or lose my Internet connection during my online proctored examination?
If you experience technical issues or lose your Internet connection during your online proctored examination and are unable to resume your session after you have spoken with the invigilator, Pearson VUE will automatically log a case on your behalf. Due to a high demand for phone and live chat support, we seek your kind understanding to allow 3-5 business days for the Pearson VUE team to review the issue and contact you with the appropriate solutions. You do not need to log a customer support case with Pearson VUE or your unique certification programme if you had met with the invigilator.
- 20. I received an error message while making an examination booking. What should I do?
Please read the system requirements for online proctoring on your examination programme’s homepage carefully before registering, and complete a system check before the day of the examination. You may also contact the Pearson VUE customer service team for any troubleshooting enquiries to reduce the likelihood of system errors on the day of the examination. If you receive an error message on the day of the examination, please contact the customer service team for support. You may submit an enquiry on your issue via email. This support feature is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 21. When and how will I receive my examination results?
For multiple-choice questions (MCQs) based examinations, you will receive your provisional results as soon as you complete your examination. For essay or subjective-based examinations, you will not receive your provisional results upon completion of your examination. Your official results for MCQs and essay or subjective-based examinations will be available on the AICB Member Portal as scheduled.
- 22. Can I re-sit the examination if I need to?
Yes. If you failed the examination, please register for a re-sit via the AICB Member Portal.