Notice of Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 44th Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers [Registration No. 197701004872 (35880-P)] (“Institute”) will be held on Wednesday, 8 June 2022, at 10.30 a.m. through a combination of (1) online participation via Zoom Video Conferencing; and (2) physical participation at Multipurpose Hall, Level 1, Bangunan AICB, 10 Jalan Dato’ Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The 44th AGM is held for the following purposes:
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements of the Institute for the financial year ended 31 December 2021 together with the Reports of the Council and auditors thereon.
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements of the Staff Training Fund for the financial year ended 31 December 2021 together with the Report of the auditors thereon.
- To note the appointment of the following nominees as members of the Council of the Institute (“Council”) for the 2022 / 2023 term of office pursuant to Articles 66(1)(a), 66(1)(b), 66(1)(c) and 66(1)(d) of the Institute’s Constitution:
Mr Donald Joshua Jaganathan, FCB
Dato’ Ong Eng Bin, FCB
Mr Domenic Fuda, CB
Mr Abrar Alam Anwar
Mr Usman Ahmed
Ms Lee Jim Leng, CB
Dato’ Fad’l Mohamed, CB
Tan Sri Azman Hashim, FCB
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Tay Ah Lek, FCB
Datuk Mohamed Azmi Mahmood, FCB
Datuk Yvonne Chia, FCB
Dato’ Howard Choo Kah Hoe, FCB
- To re-appoint Messrs Ernst & Young PLT as Auditors of the Institute and authorise the Council to fix their remuneration.
- To transact any other business duly notified and such other business to be transacted shall be notified in writing to the Secretary, together with the names of the proposers and seconders, not later than five (5) weeks before the date fixed for the Meeting.
By Order of the Council,
Lum Soo Yan (MIA 24562)
Practicing Certificate No.: 201908000567
17 May 2022
- The 44th AGM of the Institute will be conducted as a hybrid AGM through a combination of (1) online participation via Zoom Video Conferencing; and (2) physical participation at Multipurpose Hall, Level 1, Bangunan AICB, 10 Jalan Dato’ Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Members who are not able to attend the Meeting in person at the Meeting venue may opt to participate and vote remotely at the Meeting. Please follow the procedures provided in the Administrative Details for the 44th AGM to register, participate and vote remotely. The said Administrative Details will be given upon confirmation of registration.
- Every Member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is also entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his / her behalf at the Meeting.
- No Member shall be entitled to vote on any question, either personally or by proxy or corporate representative, at the Meeting of the Institute or a poll, who does not carry voting rights and whose subscription is overdue for three months.
- Only Associates, Associate Fellows, Chartered Bankers, Fellows, Life and Corporate Members whose names appear in the Membership Register of the Institute as of 3 June 2022 shall be regarded as entitled to vote at the Meeting. The Membership Register of the Institute is available for inspection at the Institute’s registered address at Level 2, Bangunan AICB, 10 Jalan Dato’ Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appointer. If the appointer is a Corporate Member, it must be either under seal or under the hand of the officer or attorney duly authorized.
- If a Member or Corporate Member is not able to attend the 44th AGM in person or via Zoom Video Conferencing on 8 June 2022, he / she / it may appoint the Chairman of the Meeting as his / her / its proxy / nominee and indicate the voting instructions in the instrument appointing the proxy / nominee. The Form of Proxy or Form of Nominee shall be submitted in accordance with the paragraph below.
- The instrument appointing the proxy (Form of Proxy printed on page 107 of the Annual Report 2021) and nominating one corporate representative (Form of Nominee printed on page 108 of the Annual Report 2021) together with the power of attorney (if any) under which it is signed or a certified copy thereof, shall be deposited at the Institute’s registered address at Level 2, Bangunan AICB, 10 Jalan Dato’ Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the Meeting or adjourned Meeting at which the person named in such instrument proposes to vote, otherwise the person so named shall not be entitled to vote in respect thereof.