BANK RISK MANAGEMENT (BRM)
INTRODUCTION TO BANK RISK MANAGEMENT (BRM)
Bank Risk Management (BRM) is a qualification designed by AICB. With an emphasis on a wide range of risk management issues, including regulatory, credit, market, operational and liquidity risks, this qualification aims to provide banking professionals who aspire to be risk specialists with a comprehensive understanding of bank risk management activities without getting lost in quantitative mathematical sophistication.
The qualification aims to produce banking professionals who are able to:
- develop context through a strong understanding of the analytical models and approaches to risk in banking
- understand the new regulatory landscape by drawing lessons from changes in capital and liquidity regulations, advanced fund transfer pricing, special resolution regimes with bail-in debt, and issues on rising liquidity risk
- derive insights from psychological perspectives and assess behavioural risk, and
- discuss risk governance in banking by exchanging views and sharing experiences with other senior executives and directors from the banking sector.
- Entry-level executives in risk management
- Professionals in operations, internal audit, treasury, accounting and finance, and legal
Candidates are required to submit the prerequisite supporting documents for enrolment. For full details on documentation, click here.
MEMBERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION
Members who have completed the BRM programme will be upgraded to ‘Associate’ status and are entitled to use the membership designation, ‘Associate, AICB’. Click here to find out more.
- Candidates are required to be Individual Members of AICB.
- Candidates must meet the following entry requirements.
|Available to individuals who possess:|
- All applications for enrolments or exemptions will be processed according to the requirements set out in the regulations.
- Applications will be processed upon receipt of full and complete documentation as stated in the Enrolment section.
- Approvals for enrolments or exemptions will be granted based on the information/documents submitted and candidates may be contacted if additional information is required.
- Candidates whose qualifications and experience have been assessed by the Institute will be informed of the Institute’s decision within 10 working days of the application date, upon receipt of full and complete documentation.
- Where the candidates’ qualifications have not previously been assessed by the Institute, a longer processing time will be required.
- Candidates will be informed of the Institute’s decision via email.
Candidates who submit incomplete applications (i.e. applications with incomplete details or supporting documents) will be given 30 working days to provide the required information and/or documentation, failing which the application will be declined.
The documents required are as follows:
The qualification certificates/examination transcripts submitted must be certified as true copies by one of the following individuals:
- a university official; OR
- a Notary Public; OR
- a Commissioner for Oaths; OR
- an officer of the employing organisation; OR
- other such persons or agents as may be approved by the Institute.
The signatory must sign and date the documents, and provide the following details:
- contact number
- If the documents are not in English or Bahasa Malaysia, translated documents by a certified translator must be appended to the submission. The credentials and contact information of the certified translator must be stated.
- Qualification certificates that are submitted for enrolments or exemptions must be awarded by universities/higher education institutions recognised by the awarding country’s Ministry of Higher Education or its equivalent, or the national qualification accreditation agencies.
- Malaysian qualifications should be listed in the Malaysian Qualifications Register (MQR) or on the Finance Accreditation Agency (FAA) website.
- AICB reserves the right to contact the awarding institute to verify the authenticity of the candidate’s qualifications.