PASARAN KEWANGAN MALAYSIA CERTIFICATE (PKMC)
a. Examination Format
|Module I||Module II–IV|
|Question Format||Independent multiple-choice questions (MCQs)||Part A: Independent MCQs|
Part B: Case-based MCQs
|No. of Questions||100 MCQs (1 mark for each question)||Part A: 60 independent MCQs|
(1 mark for each question)
Part B: 20 case-based MCQs
(2 marks for each question)
|Examination Duration||2½ hours|
|Examination Delivery||Closed book. Online examination|
b. Grade Bands
Results will be expressed in the following grade bands:
|Grade Band||Marks (%)|
|Pass||75 and above|
|Fail 1||65 – 74|
|Fail 2||50 – 64|
|Fail 3||30 – 49|
|Fail 4||29 and below|
c. Time Limit
Candidates are required to pass all 4 modules within 2 years of admission as a member of PPKM, failing which their memberships will be terminated by PPKM and any module passes gained will be nullified.
d. Award Requirements
Candidates are required to complete all 4 modules within the 2-year time limit to be awarded the Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia Certificate.
e. Award Categories
- A Certificate with Distinction will be awarded to candidates who pass all four modules on their first attempt at the examinations (within the first validity cycle) with a minimum score of 85% for each module.
- A Certificate with Pass will be awarded to candidates who pass all four modules but fall outside the category of Distinction.
f. Prizes for Outstanding Performance
- Each year, a prize for each module will be awarded to the candidate who achieves the highest mark in the module on the first examination attempt, where the mark achieved must be 90% or above. If more than one candidate achieves the same mark, each candidate is eligible for the prize.
- Each year, a prize will be awarded to the candidate who completes the PKMC examinations in one and on the first attempt, and achieves the highest aggregate mark for all the modules with a minimum of 90% for each of the modules. If more than one candidate achieves the same mark, each candidate is eligible for the prize.
- The prizes are sponsored by ACI-FMAM. The monetary value of the prizes is:
Module prize RM2,000 Excellence Award RM2,000