CHARTERED BANKER BY EXPERIENCE (CBBE)
A. Assessment Format
There are 3 steps to becoming a Chartered Banker via the CBBE programme:
Step 1: Critical Self-Evaluation
In this step, candidates reflect on their experience, expertise and professional practice.
There will be 3 reflective statements (800–1,200 words each) required, covering:
- one key area of banking
- the development and future of banking, and
Step 2: Professional Ethics Assignment
An assignment (3,000 words), where candidates are required to:
- describe the key principles of ethical and professional behaviour in a banking environment, and
- reflect on situations at work where they faced ethical dilemmas, consider how they dealt with those situations and how it has impacted their professional practice today.
Step 3: Presentation and Professional Discussion
This step comprises the following:
- A 30-minute presentation based on the candidate’s Professional Ethics assignment
- A 2-hour professional discussion with the assessor on the candidate’s career and experience — as set out in the CV provided — and in the self-evaluation statements.
B. Assessment Support
Once you enrol for the Chartered Banker By Experience programme, you will receive:
- individual support from your designated assessor
- advice and guidance on completing your critical self-evaluation
- a copy of the AICB’s Professionalism & Ethics study guide to help you complete the Professional Ethics assignment
- advice and guidance on preparing for your presentation and professional discussion, and
- access to AICB’s comprehensive range of online communities and materials to help and support you during the programme.
C. Time Limit
Candidates are expected to complete the CBBE programme within 12–16 weeks of enrolment.