PASARAN KEWANGAN MALAYSIA CERTIFICATE (PKMC)
INTRODUCTION TO PASARAN KEWANGAN MALAYSIA CERTIFICATE (PKMC)
The Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia Certificate (PKMC) is a professional requirement established by ACI-Financial Markets Association of Malaysia (ACI-FMAM) for dealers and brokers employed in licensed financial institutions and money broking firms. The certification aims to ensure that the Malaysian financial markets possess competent and proficient practitioners who subscribe to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to ensure that the industry grows in an orderly manner. Designed for Provisional members, Provisional Broker members and Affiliate members of ACI-FMAM, the certification is jointly awarded by ACI-FMAM and the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB).
The qualification aims to produce financial market practitioners who are able to:
- work in equity capital markets or with exchange-traded funds, providing support to businesses that are seeking capital investment in their company
- facilitate communication between the company, investment firms and research organisations to negotiate the best deal possible for clients and potential investors
- manage price settings or negotiations, communications with investors and events, prepare pitch documents and other collaterals, and closing deals for clients and potential investors.
- Dealers and brokers employed in licensed financial institutions and money broking firms.
- Provisional members, Provisional Broker members and Affiliate members of ACI-FMAM
No certification pathway.
Upon successful completion of this certification, a Provisional member will be upgraded to an Ordinary member or an International member of ACI-FMAM and admitted as an Associate member of AICB. Both ACI-FMAM and AICB memberships are mandatory for dealers employed in licensed financial institutions or money broking firms. With this dual membership, a member is entitled to carry the following professional designations, as applicable:
Certified Financial Markets Practitioner (CMP)
To carry this designation, candidates must complete the PKMC qualification, and be an Ordinary member of ACI-FMAM and an Associate member of AICB. Candidates must also be employed in a dealing room and be authorised dealers.
Certified Senior Financial Markets Practitioner (CSMP)
To carry the above designation, candidates must complete the PKMC qualification; be an Ordinary member of ACI-FMAM and an Associate member of AICB; be employed in a dealing room; be an authorised dealer; possess a minimum of 10 years of dealing experience, and must not have left the industry for more than 2 years.
Candidates who submit incomplete applications (i.e. applications with incomplete details or supporting documents) will be given 30 days to provide the required information and/or documentation, failing which the application will be declined.
The new enrolment process and registration of examinations for the PKMC qualification is illustrated below:
Step 1: Candidate applies for the PKMC qualification via the Member Portal.
Step 2: Upon receiving the application approval, candidate registers for examinations via the Member Portal.
Step 3: Candidate attends examinations at the designated venue.
- To apply for this regulatory qualification, a valid FMAM (PPKM) membership is mandatory.
- A candidate is not required to be a member of AICB to enrol for this regulatory qualification.