CHARTERED BANKER BY EXPERIENCE (CBBE)
INTRODUCTION TO CHARTERED BANKER BY EXPERIENCE
The Chartered Banker status is the gold standard for banking professionals globally, with holders of the designation recognised as highly qualified professionals with detailed knowledge of the modern banking sector and its ethical and professional requirements. For experienced individuals who seek an accelerated, flexible yet rigorous route to the Chartered Banker status, we offer the Chartered Banker by Experience programme, which provides bankers with the opportunity to reflect on their competence and expertise in banking and shape their future personal and professional development. To gain professional recognition for your knowledge and contributions to banking, join this challenging and intense programme and demonstrate the highest standards of professional excellence.
AICB is offering this CBBE programme in collaboration with the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) UK, which is the only institute in the world to confer the Chartered Banker status.
This programme aims to produce banking professionals who:
- demonstrate extensive knowledge of the banking sector and are able to manage complex issues and perform a wide range of banking functions
- exercise sound judgment and make informed decisions in relevant work situations
- are ethical and professional, and able to develop strategies to improve organisational performance.
- Banking professionals with several years of experience.
- Experienced professionals aspiring to hold leadership roles in the banking industry.
MEMBERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION
The CBBE programme is intended for individuals who have ≥ 10 years of banking-related business experience (recommended), including ≥ 5 years of relevant banking experience in strategic leadership roles, typically in C-1* positions and above, with the following:
- substantial experience in at least 1 key area of banking, e.g. retail, commercial/corporate, wholesale, wealth, financial banking, payments, operations, credit, risk, banking operations, international, technology
- experience in a range of topics contained in the self-evaluation outcomes (please click here for a copy of the self-evaluation questionnaire), and
- significant experience or exposure to credit and/or risk functions.
*Candidates in a C-2 position will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The diagramme below illustrates a candidate’s learning journey:
*Please click here to view the sample CV format.
Candidates who submit incomplete applications (i.e. applications with incomplete details or supporting documents) will be given 30 days to provide the required information and/or documentation, failing which the application will be declined.
|Chartered Banker by Experience|
- Where necessary, AICB may request for a copy of the qualification certificate/examination transcript, which must be certified as true copies.
- If the documents are not in English or Bahasa Malaysia, translated documents by a certified translator must be appended to the submission. The credentials and contact information of the certified translator must be stated.
- AICB reserves the right to contact the awarding institution to verify the authenticity of the candidate’s qualifications.
Membership starts with enrolment in AICB’s qualifications. Upon completion of the Professional Banker, members will be upgraded to ‘Associate’ status and are entitled to use the membership designation, ‘Associate, AICB’.
Members who have completed Level 3 of the programme will be conferred the Chartered Banker status. Members maintain their professional designations and memberships by fulfilling the annual Continuing Professional Development obligations and adhering to the Code of Professional Conduct.