Notice of 41st Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 41st Annual General Meeting of Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (Company No. 35880-P) (“Institute”) will be held on Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 5.30 p.m. at Sapphire I, Hotel Equatorial Malaysia, Plaza Equatorial, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur for the following purposes:
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements of the Institute for the financial year ended 31 December 2018 together with the Reports of the Council and auditors thereon.
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements of the Staff Training Fund for the financial year ended 31 December 2018 together with the Report of the auditors thereon.
- To note the appointment of the following nominees as members of the Council of the Institute (“Council”) for the 2019 / 2020 term of office pursuant to Articles 66(1)(a), 66(1)(b), 66(1)(c) and 66(1)(d) of the Institute’s Constitution:
Mr Donald Joshua Jaganathan, FCB
Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, FCB
Dato’ Khairussaleh Ramli, FCB Mr Wong Kim Choong, FCB
Dato’ Ong Eng Bin, FCB
Mr Lee Lung Nien, FCB Mr Domenic Fuda, CB
Mr Abrar Alam Anwar
Datuk Maimoonah Mohamed Hussain, CB
Tan Sri Azman Hashim, FCB
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Tay Ah Lek, FCB
Datuk Mohamed Azmi Mahmood, FCB Datuk Yvonne Chia, FCB
Dato’ Howard Choo Kah Hoe, FCB
Tengku Dato’ Sri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz, FCB
4. To appoint auditors of the Institute and authorise the Council to fix their remuneration.
“THAT Messrs Ernst & Young, be hereby appointed as auditors of the Institute in place of the outgoing auditors, Messrs Grant Thornton Malaysia to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and that authority be hereby given to the Council to determine their remuneration.”
5. To transact any other business duly notified and such other business to be transacted shall be notified in writing to the Secretary, together with the names of the proposers and seconders, not later than five (5) weeks before the date fixed for the Meeting.
By Order of the Council,
Lum Soo Yan (MIA 24562)
2 May 2019
- Every Member entitled to attend and vote at this Meeting is also entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his / her stead at the Meeting.
- No member shall be entitled to vote on any question either personally or by proxy or corporate representative at the Meeting of the Institute or a poll who does not carry voting rights and whose subscription is overdue for three months.
- Only Associates, Associate Fellows, Chartered Bankers, Fellows, Life and Corporate Members whose names appear in the Membership Register of the Institute as at 27 May 2019 be regarded as entitled to vote at the Meeting. The Membership Register of the Institute is available for inspection at the Institute’s registered address, Wisma IBI, 5 Jalan Semantan, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appointer. If the appointer is a Corporate Member, it must be either under seal or under the hand of the officer or attorney duly authorised.
- The instrument appointing the proxy (Form of Proxy printed on page 99 of this Annual Report) and
nominating one corporate representative (Form of Nominee printed on page 100 of this Annual Report) together with the power of attorney (if any) under which it is signed or a certified copy thereof, shall be deposited at the Institute’s registered address, Wisma IBI, 5 Jalan Semantan, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the Meeting or adjourned Meeting at which the person named in such instrument proposes to vote, otherwise the person so named shall not be entitled to vote in respect thereof.