Chartered Banker By Experience (CBBE)
AICB is pleased to introduce our new programme, the Chartered Banker By Experience (CBBE).
The Chartered Banker status is the gold standard for banking professionals globally, with holders of the designation recognised as highly qualified professionals with detailed knowledge of the modern banking sector and its ethical and professional requirements. For experienced individuals who seek an accelerated, flexible yet rigorous route to the Chartered Banker status, we offer the Chartered Banker By Experience (CBBE) programme, which provides bankers with the opportunity to reflect on their competence and expertise in banking and shape their future personal and professional development. To gain professional recognition for your knowledge and contributions to banking, join this challenging and intense programme and demonstrate the highest standards of professional excellence.
AICB offers the CBBE programme in collaboration with the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI), UK, which is the only institute in the world able to confer the Chartered Banker status.
2. Entry Requirements
The CBBE programme is intended for individuals who have ≥ 10 years of banking-related business experience (recommended), including ≥ 5 years of relevant banking experience at manager/senior manager level, with the following:
- substantial experience in at least 1 key area of banking, e.g. retail, commercial/corporate, wholesale, wealth, financial banking, payments, operations, credit, risk, banking operations, international, technology
- experience in a range of topics contained in the self-evaluation outcomes (please click here for a copy of the self-evaluation questionnaire), and
- significant experience or exposure to credit and/or risk functions.
3. Programme Structure
There are 3 steps to becoming a Chartered Banker via the CBBE programme:
Step 1: Critical Self-Evaluation
In this step, candidates reflect on their experience, expertise and professional practice.
There will be 3 reflective statements (800–1,200 words each) required, covering:
- one key area of banking
- the development and future of banking, and
Step 2: Professional Ethics Assignment
An assignment (3,000 words), where candidates are required to:
- describe the key principles of ethical and professional behaviour in a banking environment, and
- reflect on situations at work where they faced ethical dilemmas, consider how they dealt with those situations and how it has impacted their professional practice today.
Step 3: Presentation and Professional Discussion
This step comprises the following:
- A 30-minute presentation based on the candidate’s Professional Ethics assignment
- A 2-hour professional discussion with the assessor on the candidate’s career and experience — as set out in the CV provided — and in the self-evaluation statements
4. Programme Duration
The CBBE programme is designed to be challenging and intense. Candidates are expected to complete the programme in approximately 12–16 weeks, while balancing the demands of the assignments, their work and personal time.
Candidates will begin the programme once they are enrolled.
|Application Fee (RM)||Programme Fee (RM) (Inclusive of 6% Service Tax)|
Note: All fees are non-refundable
6. Key Date
|Accepting applications for CBBE||1 January 2021|
Click here for more information on the CBBE programme.