AICB offers a suite of qualifications which provide access to the relevant membership designations. The requirements for admission to each membership designation are set out below.
Upon completion of the relevant qualifications, Individual Members are entitled to use the designated membership titles in the following manner:
*A Chartered Banker who has become a Fellow may use this designation.
A person shall be eligible for admission to membership as an Affiliate if he:
- Meets the entry requirements for any of the Institutes qualifications; or
- Has attended and successfully completed the training “Introduction to Ethics in Banking” conducted by Asian Banking School; or
- employee and former employee of financial institutions, as well as individual who intend to pursue a career in banking.
A person shall be eligible for admission to membership as an Associate if he:
- has passed any of the following examinations of the Institute:
- Professional Banker
- Retail Credit Professional
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – RCP (CVA – RCP)
- Business Credit Professional
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – BCP (CVA – BCP)
- Advanced Certification in AML/CFT
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – ACAML (CVA – ACAML)
- Certified Professional in AML/CFT
- Bank Risk Management
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – BRM (CVA – BRM)
- Advanced Certification in Regulatory Compliance
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – ACRC (CVA – ACRC)
- Certification for Bank Auditors (CBA)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 – CBA (CVA – CBA)
- Prior Experience Conversion Programme (PEC)
- Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia Certificate (PKMC)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism Compliance Officer (CAMCO)
A person shall be eligible for admission to membership as a Chartered Banker if he:
(a) has successfully completed the Chartered Banker programme
(b) is a qualified member of any Institute of bankers or equivalent bodies prescribed by the Council for this purpose.
Chartered Bankers of the Institute are required to maintain membership with both Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers and Chartered Banker Institute, UK.
Fellow, Chartered Banker
A Chartered Banker may apply for advancement to become a Fellow if he:
(a) has been a Member of the Institute for a continuous period of at least 7 years; and has had a total of at least 15 years of banking experience, of which at least 5 years must be in a senior management capacity; and
(b) has satisfied the Council as to his fitness to become a Fellow which includes:
• providing evidence of practical experience such as testimonials from the employer;
• Providing evidence as to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which he has undertaken.